✓ Life Sciences
✓ Medical Devices and Med-tech
✓ Biotech, Pharma and Biopharmaceuticals
✓ Healthcare, Digital Health and Health-tech
The pandemic has brought into sharp focus the critical need for the industry, academia, governments, regulators, and other stakeholders in the ecosystem to intensify their collaboration for ensuring healthcare innovation at scale and delivery with equitable access. With this context, the 20th edition of Asia’s largest Life Sciences and Healthcare forum will feature prominent government dignitaries, industry leaders, researchers, entrepreneurs, and other delegates, and explore the theme of Advancing for ONE: Shaping the next generation of humanized healthcare.
24 Feb 2023
Inauguration of the 20th BioAsia Convention by:
Shri. KT Rama Rao, Hon’ble Minister for Industries & Commerce, Government of Telangana
Guests of Honour:
Dr. VK Paul, Hon'ble Member (Health), NITI Aayog
Dr. Vas Narasimhan, CEO, Novartis
Mr. Jayesh Ranjan IAS, Principal Secretary (I&C), Govt of Telangana
- Importance of cross-sectoral collaboration: what are the expectations from each part of the ecosystem (what role are they expected to play/what contribution can they make)?
- What policy enablement would encourage 'One Health' approach?
- How to operationalize the 'One Health' approach in India?
Chair: Dr. VK Paul, Hon'ble Member (Health), NITI Aayog
- Dr. Richard Hatchett, CEO, CEPI, UK
- Dr. Samit Hirawat, Executive Vice President, Chief Medical Officer, Global Drug Development, Bristol Myers Squibb, USA
- Ms. Cynthia McCaffrey, UNICEF Representative to India
- Dr. Mahender Nayak, Head of Asia Pacific, Takeda Pharmaceuticals, Singapore
- Dr. Sai D. Prasad, Executive Director, Bharat Biotech International Ltd.
Moderator: Dr. Gagandeep Kang, Virologist and Professor, Dept. of Gastrointestinal Sciences, CMC Vellore
- Where are we on our journey of achieving Universal Healthcare (recognizing the success thus far, discussing future action plan)?
- How can we strengthen the healthcare infrastructure/resources availability (personnel and physical)?
- What role can digital/ technology and data (e.g. real world data) play in improving healthcare access and outcome?
- How can we increase focus on preventive healthcare in India (insurance, awareness in masses, behavior/mindset of population and healthcare system, focus on nutrition for all)?
- What new innovative and sustainable financing mechanisms can be explored?
- Global best practices/case studies on use of digital, improving patient awareness/experience, innovative financing mechanisms, and achieving Universal Healthcare.
- Dr. Basant Garg IAS, Additional CEO, National Health Authority (NHA)
- Dr. Shyam Bishen, Head, Shaping the Future of Health and Healthcare, Member of Executive Committee, World Economic Forum
- Prof. K. Srinath Reddy, Honorary Distinguished Professor and Goodwill Ambassador, Public Health Foundation of India
- Mr. Annaswamy Vaidheesh, CEO, North star Asia LLP
- Dr. Prem Pavoor, Senior Partner, Head of India & Healthcare Investments, Eight Roads Ventures
- Mr. Uday Bose, Head of Human Pharma Global Go-To-Market and Business Steering, Boehringer Ingelheim, Germany
- Mr. Simpson Emmanuel, CEO & Managing Director, Roche Pharma India
Moderator: Mr. Vikas Dandekar, Editor - Pharma and Life Sciences, ET Prime
- Changes in patient’s journey/healthcare experience due to digital technology?
- Next generation remote health care models: home healthcare, virtual clinics (healthcare anywhere, anytime)?
- Metaverse – new possibilities and realities?
- Mr. Agam Upadhyay, SVP, Chief Technology Officer, GSK, USA
- Mr. Philippe Houben, Head of GTM and Digital transformation - IMETA, Boehringer Ingelheim, UAE
Moderator: Mr. Ram Deshpande, Partner, Digital Transformation, EY
Prof. Robert S. Langer, David H. Koch Institute Professor, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
Future growth driver: What's next for India?
India continues to strengthen its foothold in the pharmaceutical industry – country’s leadership in generics was established long back, and COVID vaccines demonstrate industry’s success in rapid innovation capabilities.
What could drive the future growth for Indian pharmaceutical industry?
- China plus one opportunity
- Overcoming the uncertainty of global markets
- Encouraging policy for enabling innovation and self-sustenance in KSMs and API (e.g., research linked incentives/RLI)
- Further strengthen presence in biosimilars market
- Contextualizing new areas (e.g. mRNA technology, CAR-T) to India and emerging markets
Chair: Mr. KT Rama Rao, Hon. Minister of I&C, Government of Telangana
- Mr. Satish Reddy, Chairman, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories
- Mr. Ajay Piramal, Chairman, Piramal Group
- Ms. Mahima Datla, Managing Director, Biological E Ltd.
- Mr. Glenn Saldanha, Chairman and MD, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- Mr. Hari S Bhartia, Founder and Co-Chairman, Jubilant Bhartia Group
Moderator: Ms. Shereen Bhan, Managing Editor, CNBC-TV18
CEO Conclave Sponsor
Business cocktail parties are a great opportunity to break out of your shell.
25 Feb 2023
Dr. Sumbul Desai, VP Health, Apple, USA
Dr. Sangita Reddy, Joint Managing Director of Apollo Hospitals, India
- Benefits of using data analytics and technology across the R&D process, i.e. drug discovery to clinical trials (improved productivity and efficiency)
- Potential of new technology platforms, e.g. cell & gene therapy, stem cell therapy, CRISPR, oncolytic viruses, RNAi
- Success stories and challenges from Indian industry
- Global best practices in R&D to develop, manufacture and supply innovative medicines
- Importance of partnerships and collaborations
- Opportunities for India pharma industry (including small biotechs and CRO)
- Dr. S. Chandrasekhar, Secretary to the Government of India, Department of Science & Technology
- Mr. Sauri Gudlavalleti, COO, Sai Life Sciences
- Dr. Christine Durinx, Managing Director, VIB, Belgium
- Mr. Mahesh Bhalgat, COO, Syngene
- Dr. Arun Anand, COO, Immuneel Therapeutics
- Prof. Rahul Purwar, Associate Professor – IIT Bombay, CEO & Founder, ImmunoACT
- Sunil Thakur, Partner, Quadria Capital
Moderator: Dr. Narendra Chirmule, Founder-director, SymphonyTech Biologics
Co-moderator: Ms. Anju Ghangurde, Executive Editor, Scrip
- What challenges we face today in India regarding drug and device quality/quality perception?
- What have we done to increase focus on drug and devices quality and how successful have we been?
- What more needs to be done?
- What are the real issues and how can we address those (e.g., infrastructure and people/training/culture investments to establish right quality frameworks, and establish quality by design?)
- Will digital transformation help?
- What other urgent initiatives do we need to take?
- Mr. Mark Abdoo, Associate Commissioner for Global Policy and Strategy, US FDA
- Dr. Carmelo Rosa, Director, Division of Drug Quality, CDER, US FDA
- Dr. Sarah McMullen, Country Director - India, FDA
- Prof. Sarfaraz K. Niazi, Adj. Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Illinois, Chicago, USA
- Mr. Ian White, Executive Director, NSF Health Sciences and Former GMDP Inspector, MHRA UK
- Mr. Pavan Kumar Mocherla, EVP & President Greater Asia, BD
- Mr. Michael Cutter, Chief Quality Officer, Biocon Biologics Ltd.
Moderator: Ms. Ekta Batra, Anchor & Associate Editor Research, CNBC-TV18
- India has been strong in frugal innovation as also evidenced by some innovative COVID diagnostics: how can India continue to build strength?
- Digital therapeutics (e.g. sensor and AI-based diagnostics and treatment) – with the inherent IT strength, how can India make it big in this space?
- When and how will India foray into complex and innovative medical devices?
- What are the regulatory transformation requirements?
- Mr. Michael Blackwell, Vice President & Managing Director – India, Medtronic
- Mr. Bhargav Kotadia, MD, Sahajanand Medical Technologies Ltd.
- Mr. Shishir Agarwal, Managing Director, Terumo India Pvt. Ltd.
- Mr. Rajiv Nath, Forum Coordinator, Association of Indian Medical Device Industry (AiMeD)
- Mr. Amit Chopra Managing Director, Thermo Fisher scientific - India And South Asia
Globally, all healthcare systems are moving towards Integrated healthcare to improve overall health outcomes for patient and reduce healthcare costs.
- Tech industry will contribute to next-generation health and the new interplay of strategic partnerships, advanced technologies, and data strategies in health care.
- Interoperability is a very important requirement for integrated healthcare systems – what is the plan to ensure this?
- What regulatory and policy interventions will be required for the entire ecosystem to work collaboratively, while keeping patients at the center?
- How can technology enable providing healthcare in the hinterland? Is it easier to start integrated healthcare in the hinterland?
- How will technology enable in drug registry and create measures to tackle counterfeit drugs?
- Mr. Jayesh Ranjan IAS, Principal Secretary, Dept. of Industries & Commerce, Government of Telangana
- Dr. Ramesh Byrapaneni, Managing Director, Endiya Partners
- Mr. Max Narr, CEO, Endosane Pharmaceuticals GmbH and Chief Investment Officer, Sanity Group, Germany
- Mr. Alok Joshi, CEO, ABCD Technologies
- Mr. Sanjeev Malhotra, CEO, Centre of Excellence for IOT & AI, NASSCOM
- Ms. Samhita Dass Digital Specialist, National Health Authority Of India & Board Member, Seeds India
- Dr. Makarand Jawadekar Advisory Board Member, Healthworks DX
Moderator: Mr. Suresh Subramanian, Partner and National Life Sciences Leader, EY
- Where are we two years post COVID? How much did India actually benefit from China Plus One strategy?
- What further investments are required?
- What regulatory and government support is needed?
- What role can technology play?
- ESG/Sustainability enablement practices in relation to manufacturing/supply chain? Adopting ESG as a culture
- Ms. S Aparna IAS, Secretary to the Government of India, Department of Pharmaceuticals
- Mr. Manni Kantipudi,CEO,Aragen Life sciences
- Mr. Sanjiv Navangul, MD & CEO, Bharat Serums and Vaccines Ltd.
- Mr. Suresh Pattathil, President OPPI and MD Abbvie, India
- Mr. Narendra Otsawal, MD, Warburg Pincus
Moderator: Mr. Satish Reddy, Chairman, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories
Chief Guest: Shri. KT Rama Rao, Hon’ble Minister for Industries & Commerce, Government of Telangana